Yeah, I get it – you’re thinking ‘no way‘ or ‘you’re such a douche for even suggesting this...’
I know, but listen up & you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how easy it is!
But, before I get into how you can make sure you have a phenomenal day every day – I need you to understand that I am in no way shape or form belittling the struggles people go through.
OK – so you may be aware that everything you are thinking about is causing you to see the world in a certain way.
But, you may not be aware that underneath what you know you’re thinking about (in your conscious), there are lots of thoughts flying around which you’re not even aware of (thanks to your subconscious).
Importantly, its your subconscious which is in control of what you do.
It’s your subconscious which is in control of how you interact with others, what you choose to see on a daily basis and has the final say on everything.
Now, you need to know that your subconscious has your best interests at heart 100% of the time.
It’s just that, well, sometimes it’s wrong.
Sometimes we’ve fed our subconscious so much fear, anxiety and worry that it goes into overdrive and stops you seeing all the awesomeness in case you get hurt, upset or worried again.
The problem is this – if your subconscious is blocking you from seeing all the good, fun and happy things you have in your life you’ll think that your life sucks.
& if you’ve got a mental health difficulty then your subconscious is so unbelievably protective that someone could hand you the winning lottery ticket & you’ll not see it for the generous, positive offer that it is.
Instead you’d assume they were having you on, it was a trick, they’ll be laughing at you, they’ll want it all back… blah, blah, blah, negative, negative, negative…
BUT – by choosing to stand up to your subconscious & be all like ‘I’m grateful for the protection you’ve given me but I think you’ve gotten a little sidetracked’ you can start to peel back all the negativity and start to see how wonderfully awesome your life is – and this is when the magic starts to happen.
So, how do you get the magic to flow?
- Laugh like there is no tomorrow (or my preferred phrase – laugh so hard you almost wet yourself): Laughter cuts off cortisol (stress hormone) production and promotes serotonin (happy hormone) production.
- Get outside & enjoy the sun: Sunshine helps promote serotonin production & you only need 10-15 minutes a week to get all the vitamin D your body needs (vit D keeps your bones strong, fights depression and does loads more… (Web MD))
- Be grateful for all the awesomeness you currently have – gratitude is scientifically proven to increase your mood (Harvard Health, 2011). You don’t need to do anything fancy just mention every-time you’re grateful for something you already have; your hair, your home, your dog, your garden, your feet… and it absolutely doesn’t have to be something ginormous!
& then there’s my favourite – cheat with Cheer essential oil.
Cheer essential oil blend is a combination of citrus and spice essential oils designed to ‘combat feelings of gloom, distress and disinterested, helping to cheer and uplift the mind, body and spirit’ ( Aroma Tools, 2016 pp. 197).
I mean who doesn’t want that?
Just dab a couple of drops behind your ears and on your wrists (emotional system pulse points) whenever things are looking seriously bleak and let the oil penetrate your system and quite literally force your cells to be happy.
If you’re open to checking out some more tips (like why the first 17 seconds of your day makes or brakes your happiness…) then hit play using the link below:
Have a wonderful day & I’ll catch up with you soon!
Loads of love – Katie x
Grab your bottle of Cheer and guarantee your happiness for less than £1 a day from the website:
Or if you want the super cool discount (25%), free products and my help on your wellness journey use the form below & I’ll be in touch with you ASAP 🙂
Aroma Tools (2016) Modern Essentials. 7th Edition. Pleasant Grove, UT.
Harvard Health (2011) In Praise Of Gratitude. Retrieved on 14/06/2017 from:http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/in-praise-of-gratitude
Web MD (n.d.) Vitamin D: Vital Role In Your Health. Retrieved on 14/06/2017 from: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/vitamin-d-vital-role-in-your-health#1
van Vugt, M. (2012) Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine. Psychology Today. Retrieved on 14/06/2017 from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/naturally-selected/201210/laughter-really-is-the-best-medicine
- It’s important to seek the advice of a professional before embarking on a new health regime.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Essential Oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- Not all essential oils are of the same quality and it’s important you check with your oil brand whether you can use your oils aromatically (A), topically (T) and/or internally (I).