Yep – that’s what I automatically think about when I hear the word ginger & boy was I excited when I found out I could get hold of ginger in a bottle!
Well, I love a little bit of ginger beer because it’s just so refreshing & now I can literally have fresh ginger in a glass of sparkly water whenever I want without all the other gassy yucky stuff or excessive sugar that comes with carbonated drinks.
Before we get onto why else you would want ginger essential oil here’s a little bit of background information.
What is ginger?
Ginger is a long green plant with yellow flowers but is more commonly recognised by you and I because of the nobly root’s of the plant.
Ginger no longer grows wild although it originated in the tropical rainforests of Southern Asia & most probably India.
What a great little bit of history hey?
Now onto what it does –
All the A’s:
(OK, so this one isn’t full of so many A’s but you get where I’m coming from!)
What’s it for?
- Angina (A, T)
- Diarrhea (T, I)
- Gas (T, I)
- Indigestion (A, I)
- Morning Sickness (A, T, I)
- Nausea (A, I)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (T)
- Vertigo (A, T)
- Vomiting (A, I)
(A – aromatic, T – topical, I – internal)
How I use it:
Well you already know I drink it just for fun in a glass of sparkly water but what else do I do?
I definitely use it if I’m feeling a little queasy although I tend to diffuse it rather than take it internally. I’m one of those who can’t move or drink anything if I feel sick because that will just increase the chances of the inevitable & I hate being sick.
I was surprised about the arthritis use and will definitely be passing this information onto my clients to test this out as its not something I struggle with.
In my mind ginger is the ‘digestive’ oil of choice. Feel free to grab the infographic above or share with your network.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes the next time you reach for the ginger by dropping a comment below.
Have a fabulous day & I’ll catch up with you soon – best wishes Katie.
p.s. if you’re open to learning how essential oils can support your wellness in a whole host of different ways then click the link below & grab yourself a free mini-wellness consultation on me.
- It’s important to seek the advice of a professional before embarking on a new health regime.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Essential Oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- Not all essential oils are of the same quality and it’s important you check with your oil brand whether you can use your oils aromatically (A), topically (T) and/or internally (I).