We’ve all heard the news recently – its not fat that’s going to make us fat its sugar.
& I just thought sugar made us sweeter 🙂
Just messing with you – I’m definitely glad about the fat thing though because I love full fat milk, real butter and all those things I was told for years would slowly kill me!
So, while doing a little bit of research for this post I came across a blog post which was very dramatic.
It was titled ’10 disturbing reasons why sugar is bad for you’.
I mean – I really don’t need to be ‘disturbed’ I know it’s bad I just wanted to find out what it does so I can tell all you nice people.
I promise to not be quite as ‘Oh my god unless you stop right now you’re going to drop dead’ and more ‘well, this is why its not so great and you should probably cut back’
Back to the white stuff – it creates fructose which our bodies do not need and too much causes non-alcoholic liver disease (our poor bodies really do have to put up with a lot from us don’t they?), makes you hugely overweight which leads to an increased risk of developing heart disease, cancer and diabetes (type II).
OK, so I’m sure you knew that as well it wasn’t news to me the real problem with sugar is that it is super addictive.
When it comes to oils you’ll want to go for oils which are gonna help suppress your appetite and drink a lot of water.
Often when our bodies tell us we’re hungry we are actually thirsty so a general rule of thumb is – drink first and eat second. As far as I know there’s only one essential oil fit for the task and that’s grapefruit.
Now, this badboy, is going to help you twofold.
- Diffusing it 3 times a week for 15 minutes can help to suppress cravings
- Using it regularly can help to reduce fat mass (it literally dissolves fat)
Even better – you know I said drink first, eat second? Well you can always drop a couple of drops of grapefruit into your glass of water and boom we’re going all kinds of crazy with how many birds your hitting with one stone (please don’t hit birds with stones I’m being metaphorical).
Like I said in the last post I’m on a mission to lose a bit of weight (when I say bit I mean just over a stone so I’ll definitely be getting on the grapefruit for the next few weeks & I’ll keep you updated with how it goes.
Happy oiling & sneaky fat busting!
I’ll catch you again on Saturday when I go through how I snooze like Cinderella using an essential oil combo.
All the best,
p.s. If you’re open to learning how to use essential oils to do loads of other neat things and support your body and mind with everything it gets up to then click the link below to go to a free mini-wellness consult
- It’s important to seek the advice of a professional before embarking on a new health regime.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Essential Oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- Not all essential oils are of the same quality and it’s important you check with your oil brand whether you can use your oils aromatically (A), topically (T) and/or internally (I).