Now, I am absolutely not one of those dog owners who pampers their pooch with coats, hats, and getting their hair and nails done.
I respect that they’re dogs (and mine are both quite un-handbag like…)
I just simply hate the smell of wet dog.
I really needed to get that out of the way before I get into this concoction because it will make much more sense when you find out that it not only smells awesome but is also super practical too.
Before I go a bit further I need to just do a little pre-warning.
When you’re using oils on your dogs you need to make sure you really are using the smallest possible amount and many oils that are OK for us are seriously harmful for your dog so please do your research beforehand.
Just think of your oils like chocolate (told you I loved the stuff…), I promise this time I’m not talking about eating them but the fact that while chocolate is super delicious for us humans it is extremely poisonous for your pooch.
So, before you go all crazy and think what works for you will work for your dog just remember chocolate and do a little digging.
Now that’s out of the way here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 drops of lemongrass (good at banishing fleas)
- 3 drops of serenity essential oil blend (if you don’t use the same brand use 1 drop lavender, 1 drop ylang ylang, 1 drop Hawaiian sandalwood [while this doesn’t make up the whole blend these are the 3 which are going to do your pooch the most good with regards to calming])
- 3 drops frankincense (great for skin complaints & arthritis)
- 250ml water
Put all the ingredients into a trigger spray bottle with the water and Bob’s your uncle!
You’ll need to shake the bottle before you spray because oil and water don’t mix & you’ll want to make sure you get some of the oil onto your dog!
It’s so easy and not only will they smell great they’ll also be nice and chilled out for the next few hours.
Have fun & I’d love to see some pics of your pooch.
Catch you next Tuesday when we check out lemongrass and see all the fabulous things it does for us humans!
p.s. If you’re open to learning how to use essential oils to do loads of other neat things and support your body and mind with everything it gets up to then click the link below to go to a free mini-wellness consult
- It’s important to seek the advice of a professional before embarking on a new health regime.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
- This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Essential Oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- Not all essential oils are of the same quality and it’s important you check with your oil brand whether you can use your oils aromatically (A), topically (T) and/or internally (I).